Here are some common questions and answers people have about exclusive homes.
Who are we?
Miles & Barr Exclusive is the bespoke division of award winning multi-branch estate agency Miles & Barr. Clinton Wells, the division director, has over 30 years experience in the property promotion industry. The combined expertise of the team is in excess of 70 years. Clinton has the twofold advantage of an excellent knowledge of the local market – he grew up in the East Kent area and worked and raised his family there – and of experience in the London high-end property market, where he also worked for ten years.
Why a bespoke division?
Over the past few years East Kent has experienced unprecedented demand and is fast becoming ‘the’ place to live – whether it be coast or country.
Since the launch of Miles & Barr Exclusive in 2013 it has gone from strength to strength and is now a recognised brand in marketing high-end properties to both local and to an ever increasing number of out-of-town buyers.
Who will conduct the viewings on my property once it’s on the market and when will they occur?
Within each of our offices we have at least one exclusive homes representative who will carry out all viewings on your property. Our opening hours aim to meet the requirements of all our clients, we are open seven days a week for viewings.
Do I need to be present for the viewings?
So long as you have granted us access to your property your presence is not required. We accompany all viewings and it is worth knowing that potential buyers usually feel more relaxed if the owner is not present.
Why is there such a demand for Exclusive Homes?
East Kent is still developing rapidly as a hotspot for London buyers and this is where Miles & Barr Exclusive has a particular advantage. We have been chosen as the sole representative of the Relocation Agent Network, the world’s largest relocation company. As a result, we have been able to forge a strong and mutually beneficial relationship with a network of over 50 agents in the London area. This gives us access to large numbers of clients who are open to relocation or to buying homes in East Kent. Often these are clients from higher- priced areas and with no chain – ideal buyers for desirable and distinguished homes.
What’s different about Exclusive Homes?
- Brochure production: Arguably the most effective way to present your home. We will produce a bespoke brochure once you have approved the content incorporating professional photography, colour floor plans, a journalist article about your home and an EPC if applicable. All at no additional costs or upfront fees to you.
- The web: Our web partners state that 90% of people search for their new home online first. Based on this statistic we promote all our clients homes on Rightmove, Primelocation, Zoopla and our own website. We invest heavily into your portal marketing leaving nothing to chance.
- Applicants: With an 11 branch network we have an extensive mailing list of applicants looking to purchase in your area; these registered buyers will be our first point of contact in the marketing of your home.
- Advertising and print media: Miles and Barr firmly believe that alongside our internet promotion, local and regional newspaper and magazine advertising is still a powerful marketing tool to attract potential buyer clients. Titles include Kent Life, Kentish Gazette, KRN and KM local papers. We also produce an eMagazine titled Coast and Country which is sent out monthly to our database of over 35,000.
- Audio tours: Designed to enhance the marketability of your home online by increasing click through rates by up to 60%. A quality TV style advert highlighting key selling points of your home as demonstrated on the appointment.
- London connections: Through our membership of Relocation Agent Network we are able to promote your home to over 600 leading like-minded independent agents across the UK. More importantly as the majority of our out of town buyers are relocating from London, the benefit of having 50 offices in London and Greater London within the network increases your exposure to these buyers considerably.