Whether this is your first appointment with one of our expert mortgage advisers or you have experience using our trusted service, your adviser will always carry out the following steps.
At the bottom of these steps is a useful mortgage appointment checklist, this will tell you what original documents you need to bring to your appointment.
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
There will be a fee for mortgage advice. The actual amount you pay will depend upon your circumstances. The fee is up to 1% but a typical fee is 0.3% of the amount borrowed.
Mortgage Advice Bureau is a trading name of Mortgage Advice 4 U Limited which is an appointed representative of Mortgage Advice Bureau Limited and Mortgage Advice Bureau (Derby) Limited which are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.Mortgage Advice 4 U Limited, Innovation House Innovation Way, Discovery Park, Sandwich, United Kingdom, CT13 9FF Number: 10785015.
1 Getting to know you
2 What your Miles & Barr adviser will tell you
3 Researching the options
4 Recommending the right solution
Once your adviser has identified the options available they will discuss their recommendations. Assuming you are happy with the recommendation, your adviser will work with you to complete your application forms and liaise with your administrator to touch base with your solicitors, valuers and surveyors. They will also talk you through the vital areas of protecting you and your new property, they will stay in touch throughout the process and into the future.
5 Mortgage appointment checklist
There are lots of documents and information needed when you’re making a mortgage or insurance application. This list might look daunting and you may not be able to find every document, but the more you can bring to your initial appointment, the quicker we can get you moving!
- Proof of your identity (passport or driving licence)
- Proof of residency (utility bill or bank statement, dated in the last three months)
- Three months payslips
- Your latest P60
- Employers details for the last three years (name, address, telephone number and dates of your employment there)
- If self-employed, the last three years copies of SA302s/audited accounts
- Your latest annual mortgage statement (if applicable)
- Proof of deposit for purchase
- Bank statements (latest three months)
- Details of all existing personal and mortgage related insurance
- Employment benefits (sick pay, pensions)
- Doctor’s details (name, address, telephone number)
- Solicitor’s details (name, address, telephone number)
- New property details (if not purchasing through Miles & Barr)
- Copy of credit report for each applicant
- Completed budget planner detailing existing outgoings, including details of other loan commitments